Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Shooting, keep breaking the gong, some reloading

So I broke the gong out at my shooting spot, the hook on top snapped when I hit the left side of the gong at 385 yards. Figured I needed to fix it and take it back, but only had my broken cell phone camera to snap the shot of it in place.


And a close up of my repair. It was just the rebar with a V notch in in and bent into a U shape. Hopefully this will last a little longer.

Steve and his truck, getting ready to shoot.


Looks like it broke again. I should have re-welded the rebar to the plate when I had it at home the first time, but figured it had held up so far so no reason to fix it. Figured I would weld it up right this time. I probably should have used my arc welder on this for better penetration, but the mig was all I had the power hooked up for at the time.


Steve is working up some loads for his .300WSM, it's his fault I'm hooked on those Barnes Triple Shock bullets!


Another day of shooting to bring the gong back.



Also sighting in my gun, checking the grouping at several ranges. I think I've got a target at 100, 250 and 400 in this picture.


And here it is zoomed in to the back one. Can you spot the gong?


It's out there somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment